Homes for Sale in Flagstaff
About the Flagstaff, Ponderosa Trail and Forest Highlands, Arizona Area
About Flagstaff and Important Flagstaff Phone Numbers
Flagstaff, Arizona is located at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40, and is the largest city in Northern Arizona. The City is also the regional center and county seat for Coconino County, the second largest county in the 48 contiguous states.
The City of Flagstaff is currently just over 64 square miles, nestled at the base of the San Francisco Peaks and surrounded by one of the largest pine forests on earth.
At nearly 7,000 feet, Flagstaff is also one of the highest elevation cities in the United States. The City draws visitors year-round and many Arizonans maintain second homes here.
Flagstaff’s four-season climate provides something for everyone.
January – April. Refreshing days and crisp nights! Nights are cold, snow is possible with temperatures warming up during the day.
May – August. Perfect summer weather! Days are comfortable with cooler temperatures in the evening. During the summer monsoon season of July through mid-September, afternoon thunderstorms and rain showers are possible.
September – October. It’s the perfect season to enjoy the fall colors! Days are comfortably cool and refreshing with slightly chilly evening temperatures.
November – December. Enjoy Flagstaff’s beautiful winter wonderland! Nights are cold, snow is possible with temperatures warming up during the day.
How did Flagstaff get its name?
Pioneers peeled a giant ponderosa pine log and raised a flag to celebrate the U.S. Centennial in 1876 and the name stuck.
Background of Flagstaff
- Population 61,270
- Average age of Resident: 27 year old
- Annual Temp 61.2
- Annual Rainfall 21.23”
- Annual Snowfall 99.2” (8th snowiest city)
- 300 days of sunshine
- 125 miles north of Phoenix, Arizona
- 2004 source US Census
Flagstaff Emergency Services
- Police Department 779-3646 | 911 E. Sawmill Road
- Fire Department 779-7688 | 211 W. Aspen Ave.
Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce
- Flagstaff Membership Services 774-4505 | 101 W. Route 66
- Main Post Office 527-2440 2400 | N. Postal Blvd
- Downtown Post Office 779-3589 | 104 N. Agassiz St.
- Water Resources | 556-7136
City of Flagstaff
- Flagstaff City Hall 774-5281 | 211 W. Aspen Ave
- Water-Sewer Administration 779-7646
- Waste Collection Services 774-0668
- Parks & Recreation 213-2300
- Streets 779-1605
- Building Inspection 779-7362
- Community Development 779-7610
- Planning & Zoning 779-7632
- Flagstaff Metro Planning Org. 779-7650
Department of Transportation| 1851 S. Milton
- Drivers License, Title, Registration 779-7562
- County Assessor 779-6502
- Public Works Administration 525-2735
- Community Development Planning & Zoning 779-6716
- County Information 774-5011
- Recorder 779-6585
- Voter Registration 779-6589
[spatialmatch_map id=7 width=100% height=750]